Pattern is looking for a passionate Lead Chemist to join our team. In this role, you will own development and implementation for all chemistries that contribute to emulsion stability including surface treatment, surfactant, and continuous phase. You’ll work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers to produce a critical component of our system. We are seeking a talented individual who will embrace our mission and flourish in a dynamic, rigorous, and entrepreneurial environment.
How You Will Contribute
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of emulsion stabilization chemistry for our technology
- Develop or source surfactant and continuous phase to the ensure assay and emulsion chemistry meet technical product requirements.
- Develop novel surface modification techniques in a small-scale microfluidic device that ensures our assay and emulsion chemistry meet technical product requirements.
- Inform the design, development, and scale-up of the assay consumable based on assay and failure rate requirements.
- Generate, analyze and communicate results in a way that contributes to effective decision-making.
We'd Love to Hear from You if You
- Possess a strong understanding of synthesizing, purifying, and characterizing fluoropolymer surfactants
- Communicate effectively across technical disciplines and development roles.
- Have experience with surfactant purification and analytical chemistry techniques.
- Enjoy working hard to solve difficult problems with a drive to innovate.
- Are passionate about multi-disciplinary product development and collaboration.
- Practice continuous learning and thoughtful curiosity.
- Excel with data analysis and critical thinking with an eye for experimental detail.
Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related discipline, required
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on laboratory research-based experience in chemistry, materials science, or surface science, industry experience a plus.
A Plus if You Have Experience With
- Microfluidic droplet technology
- Surface modification of thermoplastics
- Advanced surface characterization methods
Join us! We're excited for what you can bring to our team. Here are a few things we provide to make sure you have a great experience. Learn more about our team by visiting our website.
- Health insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Transparent leadership
- The opportunity to make a global impact and pioneer consequential solutions
We value diversity on our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.