Do you want to have a big impact on building an innovative medical device within a growing and exciting business, working within a friendly and dynamic multi-skilled engineering team on products that will go to market with the help of your knowledge and expertise?
You will assist in the initiation, development, application, and maintenance of distributed web software systems and debug existing applications, building new applications, and support the visioning of the product for future development.
You will be responsible for the full product lifecycle, working in an agile team with the latest technologies, including JIRA, git, Google Cloud.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As A Full Stack Web Applications Developer you will join the Metix team and be a part of our growing medical technology company that is currently developing the next generation of medical devices that will improve future pre-hospital care. We also have:
- Flexible working, including working from home
- Relaxed working environment with a casual dress code
- Short walking distance from Glasgow Central Station
- Work within an agile, multidisciplinary team, collaborating closely with Software, Hardware and Industrial Design colleagues
- A competitive starting salary with a review after 6 months, depending on progress
EXCITING THINGS YOU’LL GET UP TO:
- Work within a small but talented software team developing state-of-the-art web-based applications
- Collaborate with designers to build high performing applications with rich user experiences
- Contribute to the development of a multi-tier web application for remote monitoring of vital signs using cutting-edge cloud technologies and services.
- Contribute to the development of web components for the real-time visualization and management of large volumes of data
- Create robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly
- Contribute to building and maintaining our platforms, systems, and infrastructure
Lots of training, support and guidance, will be offered including one to ones, code reviews and pair programming sessions.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU?
- BA/BSc/BEng in Software Engineering, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent
- Industry experience, preferably with medical device development
- Experience in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design
- Software development experience in Node.js
- Experience with NoSQL(Document-based) databases
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful web services
- Comfortable applying agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- MSc/MEng in Software Engineering, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related fields
- Experience procuring cloud environments and setting up external services
- Experience developing real-time applications using Meteor
- Experience with front end frameworks such as Vue, Angular, Blaze, React etc.
- Experience using CSS preprocessor such as SASS/LESS
- Experience in distributed systems/microservice architectures and network system design
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
Working with Metix Ltd you can expect a professional and dynamic environment with teamwork at the core of it. We tend to look for people who are:
- confident communicators, this includes providing constructive criticism
- able to work as a team and independently, with good time management skills
- able to take a holistic and creative approach to problem-solving
- inquisitive and willing to self-develop
- interested in competitive board games and table tennis
For further information on Metix, please visit our site: www.metixmedical.co.uk or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetixMedical/
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.