Areas of work include but are not limited to:
- Manage the design and development of hardware systems for Metix’ Medtech projects in collaboration with hardware and industrial design colleagues in Mexico
- Work closely with the Product Design team in Scotland to produce technical requirements and specifications
- Collaborate on the creation of Manufacturing Plans for designed products
- Prototype new designs
- Support verification and validation of products designed by Metix for submission to approving authorities (FDA. MHRA etc.)
- Collaborate with software engineering colleagues to solve technical challenges of hardware systems
- Produce risk management documentation
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc/BEng in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong understanding of Analogue and Digital Electrical principles.
- (2+ years preferred) Prior experience working in the medical device industry with experience in the IEC 60601 series of standards.
- Understanding of microcontroller and microprocessor usage and implementation.
- Strong experience with EDA Tools such as EAGLE, Altium.
- Strong Schematic Capture and PCB Layout skills.
- Experience with simulation tools (LTspice, TINA)
- Demonstrate knowledge of standard embedded interfaces such as UART, I2C, and SPI.
- Comfortable assembling and testing SMT level electronics.
- Experienced using standard Electronics Lab tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in Electronics Engineering, further education, or experience in medical technology, computer science, or other technical related fields.
- Experience designing complex, multilayer PCBs with HDI components.
- Previous experience in Biopotential measurement or other medial sensing principles.
- Good understanding of battery technologies including Li-Ion battery packs in portable applications.
- Experience with Analogue and Digital Signal Conditioning and Processing schemes.
- Experience with board Bring-Up and Debug.
- Strong Design-For-Manufacturing experience with a good understanding of the appropriate application of JTAG and other test methods.
- Comfortable using DVCS tools such as Git.
- C/C++ Software development skills with a focus on Embedded Systems.
- Experience with Embedded Linux and the Yocto Project.
- Flexible working hours
- Relaxed working environment
- Short walking distance from Glasgow Central Station
- Casual dress code
- 40-hour contract with an hour lunch
- Opportunity to work from home after probation
For further information on Metix, please visit our site: www.metixmedical.co.uk or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetixMedical/