We’re looking for a Software Engineer - iOS to build, develop and support iOS applications that will help individuals with limb loss learn to use their prosthesis effectively. This work will involve the development of tools that use meaningful visual feedback to help patients learn how to better use their muscles for prosthesis control.
At the core, we are looking for an organized and hard-working individual. You should want to solve big problems and enjoy working in an agile and dynamic multi-functional team. Must be comfortable with a fast-paced environment and driven to make things work more efficiently.
You’ll be working on custom applications so experience in developing simple yet powerful user experiences for applications on devices like the iPhone and iPad is a must. You should be comfortable with problem solving and debugging, be willing to operate under a strict quality system, and be prepared to learn on the go while managing your own day-to-day activities. You also need to thrive in an environment where there are no walls and random breakout brainstorming sessions occur frequently; at IBT, people are encouraged to over-communicate, raise concerns, and bounce ideas off of each other constantly.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop specifications and requirements for new medical device iOS applications
- Participate in development planning, execution and success of iOS applications
- Architect, design, develop and support highly scalable iOS applications – front end and back end
- Collaborate with embedded engineers, software engineers and UI/UX designers as well as subcontractors
- Build efficient, modular and reusable components
- Architect reliable, performant and scalable mobile solutions
- Prepare testing protocols, conduct tests for code function and integration, and generate test reports
What you’ll need for this position:
- Undergraduate degree with atleast 3 to 5 years of iOS development experience
Must-have skills & experience:
- Strong coding skills in object-oriented languages, such as Objective-C, Swift
- Strong experience in Swift, Objective C and the Xcode tools
- Experienced with a variety of iOS frameworks and have a deep understanding of iOS application design patterns and API design
- Experience with atleast the following frameworks: Core Bluetooth, Core Data, UIKit and SceneKit
- Experience with Bluetooth communication, API creation and integration with embedded systems
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Strong understanding of good UX and enjoys working closely with design
- Complete understanding of the mobile development life cycle
- Experience with iOS build systems, code signing and distribution
- Experience with version control and GitHub
- Ability to support multiple projects at the same time and manage time efficiently
- Exceptional analytical thinking skills to solve meaningful problems
- Exceptional performance and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work cross-team
- Strong interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many participating teams and a strong sense of project ownership
- Ability to lead multiple applications and mentor / guide other engineers
Nice to have skills/experience:
- Experience developing applications tightly coupled with external embedded devices for real time data acquisition
- Experience with some of the following technologies: SwiftUI, MapKit, CloudKit etc
- Experience with Jenkins, CI/CD and other DevOps principles
- Experience with Cloud integration of iOS Applications
What’s in it for you:
- Work closely with cutting edge technology: Such as multi-articulated prosthesis systems, advanced AI/ML algorithms, usability focused design and system integration with small form factor/low energy components.
- Gain experience in designing medical device software: You’ll gain first hand experience in designing medical device software that may be deployed around the world.
- Develop technology that makes an impact: Your work will enable individuals with limb loss to effiiciently adjust, update and drive their prosthetic arms.
- Work in a close-knit, startup environment: We strive to create an intellectually stimulating and collegial working environment. We follow the philosophy of “work hard, play hard”: we have regular movie nights, ping pong tournaments, plan field trips, play touch football, play music, and generally have a good time.