May 19, 2021
Remote, OR 97458, USA
We're on a mission to remedy the financial complexity crippling healthcare in America.
Our aim is to organize and use all healthcare information to reduce the cost of care and improve the patient experience.
As the only Unified Automation™ company for healthcare, we use the same machine learning approaches that made driverless cars possible to provide health systems with a single solution for revenue cycle management. AKASA's unique expert-in-the-loop approach, Unified Automation, combines modern machine-learning with human judgment and subject matter expertise to provide resilient automation. AKASA brings together the best of people, data and technology to efficiently, accurately and autonomously navigate the complex state of medical reimbursement in the United States.
We are growing rapidly and we've built a cross-functional skill set deep into the DNA of the company. We have technology experts from the top Silicon Valley technology companies (Google, Facebook, etc) and machine learning PhD programs (Stanford, etc). We also have senior leaders from the frontlines of healthcare with decades of experience leading teams of medical billers at some of the most prominent healthcare institutions in the US. And we have a deep bench of talent from healthcare services firms like the Advisory Board, Optum and Triage Consulting.
If you love to execute, we'd love to hear from you. We take a very mindful approach to building a culture that is flexible, diverse and inclusive. We approach our work thoughtfully, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate our wins. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you.
AKASA is based in South San Francisco. As a company we embraced remote work opportunities before COVID-19. We consider ourselves experts in working collaboratively wherever our team members happen to reside.
About the Role
As the Internal Communications Consultant, you’ll work closely with our Head of Communications and cross functional with different teams on various internal communication projects.
This is a contract position.
What You'll Do
● Partner with People Ops, Communications and other teams to help build out the tools and resources required to protect our culture as the company scales rapidly
● Partner with a wide variety of internal teams to manage cadence and channels for employee communications as needed (slack, etc)
● Support executive communications on a wide range of topics from diversity, equity and inclusion to company policy updates to milestone celebrations, etc
● Partner with multiple internal teams to develop a more robust and elevated onboarding program for new hires
● Partner with People Ops to develop an employee handbook
● Partner with several internal teams to lead the development of a company intranet to serve as a single source of truth for all employee-facing information and resources, including the handbook
Skills & Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Management and/or similar field and/or relevant experience
● 8+ years of communications experience in agency and in-house environments
● Healthcare and technology industry experience
● Great listener, networker, and relationship builder
● Strong passion for serving, understanding, and empowering customers.
● Proven ability to work with senior executives and lead projects from conception to launch and feedback
● Strong project management skills and ability to work under tight newsroom deadlines
● Superb writing skills with experience in creating long- and short-form content for all B2B marketing channels