May 19, 2021
Engineering vision and leadership for the development of early-stage medical
• Maintaining unrelenting individual and team focus on keeping every aspect of our
work aligned with what is best for Cala’s patients.
• Translating early research to clinical pilot study systems/devices, employing
creative ways to push speed-to-use while maintaining Cala’s exceptional
reputation for safety and quality.
• Mentoring and guiding lean design and development teams as well as
collaborating with external partners.
• Co-managing Cala’s IP portfolio, carving out and protecting valuable ideas and
promising early proof-of-concept work.
• Instilling a team culture that relies on agile hardware practices and MVP mindset.
• Reconciling ambiguous early inputs and voices across cross-function
stakeholders, including regulatory, market access, clinical, quality, research,
commercial development and manufacturing.
• Creating and executing high-level concept development plans, timelines, and
budgets to match company-wide objectives together with other senior
• Leading technology identification and integration into product concepts; including
new sensors, advancing connectivity and incorporation of new materials.