May 19, 2021
Remote, OR 97458, USA
We're on a mission to remedy the financial complexity crippling healthcare in America.
Our aim is to organize and use all healthcare information to reduce the cost of care and improve the patient experience.
As the only Unified Automation™ company for healthcare, we use the same machine learning approaches that made driverless cars possible to provide health systems with a single solution for revenue cycle management. AKASA's unique expert-in-the-loop approach, Unified Automation, combines modern machine-learning with human judgment and subject matter expertise to provide resilient automation. AKASA brings together the best of people, data and technology to efficiently, accurately and autonomously navigate the complex state of medical reimbursement in the United States.
We are growing rapidly and we've built a cross-functional skill set deep into the DNA of the company. We have technology experts from the top Silicon Valley technology companies (Google, Facebook, etc) and machine learning PhD programs (Stanford, etc). We also have senior leaders from the frontlines of healthcare with decades of experience leading teams of medical billers at some of the most prominent healthcare institutions in the US. And we have a deep bench of talent from healthcare services firms like the Advisory Board, Optum and Triage Consulting.
If you love to execute, we'd love to hear from you. We take a very mindful approach to building a culture that is flexible, diverse and inclusive. We approach our work thoughtfully, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate our wins. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you.
AKASA is based in South San Francisco. As a company we embraced remote work opportunities before COVID-19. We consider ourselves experts in working collaboratively wherever our team members happen to reside.
About the Role
As an Associate Director, RCO Projects, you’ll provide revenue cycle subject matter expertise across the company and represent RCO in new product development, existing product implementations, and new client conversations and projects.
What You'll Do
● Work cross functionally across Sales, Marketing, Engineering to deepen the revenue cycle expertise within the company
● Process Mapping and shadowing with clients to understand workflows
● Develop Revenue Cycle training specification documents
● Work with Project Managers to develop and execute against timelines and deliverables
● Manage implementation
● Conduct discovery and research discussions for new product development both with internal teams and client partners
● Interface with RCO team to complete client Proof of Concept exercises, Spec Validations
● Manage resources assigned for project related work
Skills & Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or similar field (MBA preferred) and/or relevant experience
● 5-10 years of experience as an Analyst in a RCM / Patient Access environment, in a RCM consulting or project management capacity, or similar (working with patient registration and financial clearance- insurance verification, cost estimates, prior authorizations; Revenue Cycle-claims billing, claim edits and submissions, claims follow up)
● Must have EHR experience, preferably multiple systems
● QA / documentation / training experience
● Strong analytical and project management skills
● Proficiency in word, excel, and a plus for experience with analytical tools like Tableau or similar
● Must have excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills
What We Offer
● Work with an experienced and complementary founding team consisting of serial entrepreneurs, AI experts and healthcare industry leaders
● Meaningfully own or contribute to category-defining products that fundamentally change healthcare operations
● Great compensation package and equity grants
● Generous coverage for health, dental and vision insurance
● Full employer coverage for life insurance
● 401k Plan
● Free membership to One Medical (Concierge Clinic) for you and your family (if you are in a region covered by One Medical)
● Unlimited Personal Time Off (PTO)
● Bonus Company-Wide "Sanity Days" and other time off
● Flexible schedules. Employees at all levels have reasonable discretion over their own time.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.